We love Argyll and we want to showcase what it has to offer to as many people as possible. However, we know that the very best advocates for the area are you - the people who visit and look forward to coming back.
So that you can share your positive experiences of Argyll, we’ve come up with the hashtag #ArgyllBeBack (and Arnold, if you ever want to visit, we’d love to have you here…). We’re inviting you to share the photos that sum up why you can’t wait to come back to the area and why you think others need to discover it.
Every other month we’ll pick a competition winner from the photos posted using the hashtag, with a different Argyll-related prize on offer each time.
So, whether it’s the captivating natural beauty, the wide range of activities, the fascinating history or something else entirely that keeps drawing you back to Argyll, we want to see your photographs!
We know it’s tempting to keep the wonders of the area to yourself but don’t be selfish; spread the love.
Entries using the #ArgyllBeBack hashtag can be posted on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram. Please note that due to Facebook privacy settings, we may not be able to see all Facebook entrants due to your personal privacy settings.
We look forward to seeing your entries!
March/April Prize: Spirit of Scotland Travel Pass for 2. WINNER - Cath Booton.
May/June Prize: Spa Day for 2 guests at Portavadie Spa Experience worth £196. WINNER - Janet MacLeod
July/August Prize: A romantic stay at Torrisdale Castle self catering lodge (3 night weekend or 4 night mid-week stay). WINNER - Gareth Talbot
September/October/November Prize: A weekend break in a lodge at Carry Farm for up to 4people (must be used before end of March 2017). WINNER - Grant Gillon - header image
December/January Prize: A four course dinner at Loch Melfort’s 2AA Rosette Fine Dining Restaurant.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering your photo into the competition you agree to give unlimited usage rights of your image to AITC. We will make every effort to credit you, where possible, if your images are used in any future marketing collateral.
2. Please note that if you enter the competition via Facebook, due to privacy settings we may not be able to see your entry, if this is the case the image won’t be entered into the competition.
3. The competition will run until the end of 2016. A winner will be selected in the first week of every other month from the entries submitted in the previous two months.
4. The competition is open to everyone aged 14 years or over except employees of AITC and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
5. An independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the promoter will select each monthly winner and the winner will be contacted via the social media channel they used to enter the competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
6. If the winner agrees, Explore Argyll will announce the winner of the competition every other month across their social media channels.
7. The criteria for selecting each winner will be based on both the image and the reason to why the entrant ‘can’t wait to come back’ – beautiful scenery, fun activities, quirky nature, general enjoyment of the area. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Only one entry will be accepted per person per month. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
9. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. If you have any complaints relating to this competition please contact email@example.com
11. AITC reserve full rights to remove your entry from the competition if it is deemed offensive in any way.
13. The weekend break in a lodge at Carry farm must be used before end of March 2017. Prize is subject to availability and for up to four people. No dogs allowed. To find out more about the prize please click here.
14. The Loch Melfort four course dinner for 2 people must be claimed/used by 1st December 2017, is subject to availability and cannot be taken on public or bank holidays. No cash alternative. Must be booked directly with hotel and can only be used by the winner of the competition. An admin fee may be charged if a booked date is changed. Cancellation of a booking within 48hours of arrival will result in the prize being forfeited.